We all enjoyed his Pablo (the penguin from The Backyardigan*s) cake and watched him open a few gifts from Grandma, Grandpa and his cousins. We stayed and played for a few hours. It was a rare occasion...all 7 of the kids were playing very happily together upstairs. (typically they're in the basement while the grown ups are all upstairs...and who knows exactly what kind of chaos is going on down there!) Sadly, it was a rainy day, so we'll have to reschedule our trip to the zoo. The sun did manage to come out just in time for us to get our Birthday Cake snow cones before heading home! At that point we were all freezing (it's been a weird summer!) so they got their tubs early, bundled up in their jammies, opened presents and had a Pizza Picnic Movie Night!
Yeah, that's right, his face is pretty much covered in pizza sauce...he's two! Yep, two! I can't believe it! Seems like just yesterday we were sitting in the front yard watching the guys pouring new concrete (it was great fun for Big Butter!), waiting for the hospital to call so I could be induced! (Ended up waiting until the next day...they were too busy, so now he has to wait until he's 6 to start kindergarten!) Now he's running around like he's one of the big kids and talking like crazy! (oh and counting to ten, so cute!) He really knows just how funny and cute he is and is quite a little ham! For the most part (he is two now, so he is allowed a tantrum or two!), he's super sweet and is my only child who will actually listen to me! He gives the BEST smooches and still lets mom hold him, just not quite as much as he used to. Happy Birthday Baby Butter!
4 comments:
Oh, happy birthday to your sweet boy! It really goes by way too fast...except when they make a big mess or do something really naughty and then I get scared it will never end! Thanks for sharing his amazing day!
He is so adorable! Does he have wavy hair? Michael does. He is so handsome and what a sweet pea. He's into all of the same shows my boys like - Backyardagains, Wonder Pets. They would have so much fun playing together. I got my hair cut today at a woman named Lisa's house. Sam asked if it was Aunt Lisa's house. I was so sad to tell him no but assured him that if we lived 5 minutes from his Aunt Lisa, we would be there a lot more often than just an occasional haircut! We miss you. I can't believe your little guy is 2. Great pictures and a fun day!
what a cute little guy...(all your kids are adorable, of course!)
So, did you make his cake? I always think "this will be the year of a cute cake"...and then it never looks as good in real life as it did in my head. good thing they don't really care, right? (at least that's what I tell myself...) :)
What sweet adorable kids! I wish I could meet them all. You really know how to throw a fun party!
Post a Comment