Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat!

*Tinkerbell, Captain *Hook and Peter *Pan tried to talk us into being Wendy and well, either a Lost Boy or Mr Smee! But sadly we were party poopers and I hoped that my Target* "Trick or Treat" T-shirt would do! If anyone would like some candy, please come to my house...we have plenty! After paying way too much for costumes, it is nice to wear them more than once, but good grief we have a lot of sugar around here! Trick or Treating at the zoo, more at the Birthday Party, then two trunk or treats (we actually had a third, but decided to save our 10 bucks and skip it!) and finally the BIG NIGHT...It was pretty chilly, so we got our bellies all warmed-up for the night with some yummy Chili at the Trunk or Treat at church. After filling our buckets (for the second time...they scored a ton of candy in the school parking lot just the night before!) we rushed home to carve the pumpkin! Big Butter wanted to write his name all over it, Baby Butter thought it was pretty cool and Lulu just thought it stunk!We threw a candle in it, took a few pictures, turned out the lights and were on our way! Yep, that's right...we were really lame neighbors this year and didn't hand out any candy. Typically, we only get about 5 groups on Halloween anyway. Most of the kids go to the next subdivision over...that's where the par-tay is! Everyone's outside with their fires, houses decorated as much as Christmas-time and kids all over the place! So of course that's where we went too! Kurt got a real kick out of watching how excited the kids were! (this was his first year going out with us, since he's always stayed home to hand out the candy!) Big Butter ran everywhere he went and kept falling down...only to pop up saying "I'm ok!" and continue his sprint to the next house! Baby Butter was completely freaked out by our next door neighbor's scary mask...but once he recovered from that he totally "got it!" His little legs running as fast as they could, trying to keep up with that big brother of his! "More house... more candy!" and the cutest little "twick oh twee!" He would run back to me holding up what he had gotten like he had just won first prize! He is definitely my son and loves his treats!These guys are so awesome...every time they got a banana Laffy*Taffy or vanilla Tootsie*Roll, they brought it straight to me! (I didn't even have to ask!) Now the Reeses were a little different...they would acknowledge that they got one of my favorites, but had to be convinced that it really would be ever-so-sweet of them to share just one with dear ol' mom! We stayed out until our fingers froze and Baby Butter got scared by another "goblin!" They ate as much as they could until their bellies begged them to stop, then passed out into a nice sugar-induced coma until about 9:00 this morning! Now we have 3 giant ziplocks full of fantastic treats, and while I just don't have the heart to get rid of it, (at least not yet anyway) it makes me a little nauseous thinking about all of that sugar and fat going into our bodies (and when I say "our" I really mean "my" because you know who ends up eating most of it while they're away at school!) ...one delicious bite at a time!

3 comments:

Abby said...

I still can't get over that they slept until 9am! Daylight savings has not been kind to me so far (Boo is up at 6!) Looks like such fun! I love the after-party, where you sit and spread it out before you and revel in the glorious sugar!

Lucky Mommy said...

So much better than the candy corn and Brach's pick o' mix stuff we used to get. I have been steadily eating as much as I can without getting a stomach ache since the trunk or treat last week. I think I need to send it with Josh to his office soon. I'm so happy Kurt went with you! We both went out with the boys too. It's too fun to miss. They "got it" after the first house too. Oh how I wish our kids could grow up together!!!!

Amy Lynn said...

Oh, the sheer splendor of a holiday where you get candy and treats! God bless America!

Love your kids in their darling costumes. Every year I dream of our family in a matching theme...never, ever happens. I'm actually fondling a new tummy roll as I type...gotta cut back on those Rees' and Butterfingers! But oh how I love the season.