
...on the highway!!!
They've been doing some major construction on this one and decided to shut down part of it last year, then the other part this year to complete the work faster. The whole project took almost two years and everyone had been so worried that the city couldn't function without it, but guess what...we made it! It wasn't nearly as awful as it had been predicted and they even finished up about 3 weeks early! SO, the day before it re-opened, they had a big 5k race, then let everyone on to walk, run, ride bikes, write their names with sidewalk chalk etc...it was so cool! I wish we had gone to a more familiar part for them (had to squeeze it in between church and Lucia practice, so had to stay close) but the kids had a blast anyway! They loved sitting on the median, scratching their names into the concrete with rocks and walking on the retaining walls!

This is what we attempted last year, but got all turned around, ended up arriving too late and missed the whole thing. (see Who Needs Sleep Anyway...post from Dec 6 2008) So my kids have literally been looking forward to this for an entire year! Good thing we made it, had a really fun time and didn't completely freeze!
5 comments:
That looks so fun! What a fun way to connect to your city! I'm glad you were able to go this year!
I don't know what it is about that but it looks SO fun! To be able to frolic in the middle of a highway...when in your life will you ever be able to do that? I love, love, love the adventures you have with your children. They are FABULOUS!
(This is Amy even though for some reason I'm signed in under Chris...oh, the mysteries of the universe!)
How fun! I honestly don't think I can think of anything more fun right now than playing in the middle of a highway (we're feeling a little stir crazy.)
You're such a good writer, Lees! I loved reading about your thankful list. I love you.
That would be totally fun and kind of eerie. Good pics!
Post a Comment