Wednesday, September 24, 2008

HERE WE ARE!!!









So here we are! I finally figured out how to get in on this whole blog thing! Here I am with my three crazy kids at one of our favorite places to go - the zoo.
So, where do I begin? I guess I could start at the beginning of life with these guys, but it would take way too long to catch up! Since this is pretty much my electronic scrap book (who has time to cut out all of that paper?!?), my posts will be just as my title says - my kids
47(My LuLu and her little "butters"). The past 7 years with these guys has just flown by and I'm sure the next 18 will too (then I'll finally get some peace and quiet - right? but be too old to enjoy it! or my hearing will be gone by then anyway!) So for now I'll enjoy the chaos and try to keep track of it all so when I'm old and gray I can remember all these crazy days that I thought would never end. I'm sure that then I'll look back and somehow miss the insanity!
Here's my oldest, K(LuLu). She LOVES animals - always has. When she was 2, she wore a bib once at my parent's house. Grandpa said, "K, are those birds on your bib?" "Grandpa," she said very matter of factly, "those are flamingos." She's an excellent reader, but right now will only read books about fairies ar animals. She loves to write books too. She's stapled some paper together and made books for her brothers about race car drivers or neighborhood animals. Then there are the chapter books she's written, like the one about the princess and the snow prince. That's how she spent her summer - and she learned how to ride her bike without training wheels. I tell ya, I've never seen such determination. She was having a real hard time, but NEVER gave up! I can't think of too many other times that I've been more proud of her! She's also playing the piano now and doing quite well. She's my shopper - we love any chance to have a "girls' day out " at the mall! She's a very sweet and thoughtful girl and I just love her to pieces!

Have you ever looked up "mischief" in the dictionary and seen this face? Maybe it's just in my copy! This is D(Big Butter)! He's a boy who is interested in EVERYTHING and doesn't stop until bedtime! Like most 4 year old boys, he likes big trucks, matchbox cars, dinosaurs and super heros. We have a house full of toys, but his favorite place to play is the garage. He loves his Dad's cordless drills - I found him running through the house once with one in each hand saying, "Look, Mom, they do work!" He really enjoys playing in the car; which wasn't too bad until he locked his little brother in it! That was the first time I've ever had to call 911 - a bit embarassing! We've somehow managed to stay out of the ER. He has however, lost a toenail and fallen out of a tree. The kid's made of concrete! He didn't even cry when he flew off of the merry-go-round! We've, in fact, spent this summer watching the concrete guys working on our street and he's been just fascinated! Like his sister, he loves to ride his bike. I think he'd be just fine without his training wheels, but I'm afraid he'll be miles away in the blink of an eye! Seriously, you should see him fly down the street on this little thing - the kid's fearless. He'll be a great athlete when he gets big enough to follow the rules and take his turn! (well, old enough - he's already 50 lbs and just as big as most 6 year olds!) So he's a crazy kid, but he's got a heart of gold and just makes me melt when he wants a big hug or smooch. (he likes to say, "gonna squeeze ya till ya poop!") And he really makes me teary when he apologizes for doing something really bad, because it's so genuine I know he really means it - so sweet!

And then there's B(Little Butter), my sweet pea! He really is a sweet little boy - even though he spent the first 7 weeks of his life screaming! (well, unless he was sleeping - but there wasn't a whole lot of that going on!) He's almost 14 months now - wow where has the time gone! He's trying oh so desperately to keep up with the big kids. He'll put on D's helmet and gets on the tricycle like he's going to ride down the sidewalk with them. He's been walking for a while now and is even trying to talk. He can say "uck" (for truck), bye-bye, nite-nite, and "go wa" (for go for a walk - of course!) He gets so proud of himself and will laugh and clap when he does something fun. He'll get his shoes and bring mine to me when he wants to play outside. He's not yet as mischievous as his big brother, but he does like to climb and has a hard time staying seated in his highchair and shopping carts. His favorite game is peek-a-boo and his favorite food is cherry snow cones! (with ice cream coming in at a close second!) He's growing up so fast now! He's still a big-time Mamma's boy and I love it! A friend of mine once saw me without B in my arms and asked how well the surgery went to remove him! I can do almost eveything while holding him; and I love it , because before you know it, he'll be all big and I'll either have to go back to work...or have another one!


So these are my reasons for sleepless nights and crazy days! And I love them all like you wouldn't believe! They keep me busy, that's for sure, but I wouldn't have it any other way!





























































5 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

Hurray for your blog! I am going to spread the word. You're a great writer and with your beautiful kids and tireless determination to get out and do fun things you're going to have a lot of stuff to post about. Welcome to the blogoshpere!

Emma Jo said...

Hooray!! Welcome, we are so glad to have you out here in cyberspace!! What a darling darling family. They are so cute and I love the descriptions of their personalities...it is and will be so priceless as they get older!
We had such a blast in UT with the whole fam and the girls just loved playing with K!! Tell her they say HELLO!

Amy Lynn said...

Yes...welcome to cyperspace! I love that you are here and I can follow your every move! :>) And I had no idea you were such a great writer...this is going to be lots of fun. I can just feel it in my bones!!

Heidi said...

Welcome to your new addiction! I'm excited to see what you do around town. Hopefully, you'll give me some ideas!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
this is a very cute idea and it is a good way for us to know what the children are doing from time to time. You must be good at that computer stuff. Good job.
Grandma Carol