Here are just a few reasons why I love my kids so much...
Here's LuLu all decked out in her Brownie uniform - with all of the patches on (finally! we had quite a time with some of those guys!) She is so awesome! She not only got the "Terrific Kid" award again this year, but she also got the "Responsible Bulldog Learner" award and got to eat lunch with all of the teachers! She's super sweet with Baby Butter and will read books to him in his crib if he wakes up while I'm still in the shower. She's been doing very well with the piano, and will be moving on to a new level next week. She's still writing books all the time and is now focused on teaching Big Butter how to read.
And Baby Butter...he has really grown up this last week! He went to Nursery on Sunday and did amazingly well! The chairs were all full at the table where they were playing with play-doh, so he got another one and pulled it right up, sat down and had a great time! I swear he grew an inch while he was there! Today he played at the playground and I didn't have to follow him on the equipment - he's so big. And here's the really big thing...he's finally starting to talk! My kids have always been a little late with this, but it's always so exciting when it finally clicks. He's been repeating a few words for a while, but is finally starting to say them all on his own. He ran across the family room saying "momma-momma-momma" the other day - that was huge! Today he put together a whole sentence- well, ya know, for an 18month old! He grabbed his booty and said, "poop", then as I changed him said, "diapie, change me" and wrapped it all up with, "fresh" after I had put the fresh one on him! The best part was that he totally cracked up when I repeated what he had said back to him. He knew that I knew what he had said, and he was just tickled! Here he is finally playing in the snow. He lasted about 3 minutes when it was 20 degrees out, but now that it reached over 60, he had great fun with what was left!
And today I'm just super in love with these guys! We had a pizza picnic on the family room floor as we watched Madagascar*2. There was absolutely no fighting over anything! (an incredibly rare event in this house lately) Baby Butter was hanging out with them like he was all big and was dancing and laughing with the rest of us! I haven't felt that relaxed and happy in a long time! They were being good, sweet, fun kids and I just had one of those moments...yep, I sure do love my kids!
...and yes, that is the bowl of grapes behind Baby Butter!
6 comments:
Your sweet kids! I love having these type of entries on my blog...I have a feeling in 20 years we will be sitting here looking back at the "good, ole days" and wondering how they disappeared so fast! I love how you look at your kids...and how quick you always are to acknowledge their achievements and successes! They are wonderful...and baby butter suddenly looks exactly like his big sister and mom!
I love those kinda days!!(But does this mean there is a problem that my kindergardener still doesn't count to 50, and my 3 year-year-old isn't potty trained??)
Oh I would love to come have a picnic on the floor with you! (Of course, I'd have to bring 2 additions to that mix.) What a good mom you are, those kids are lucky to be so loved and always get to do fun things--not to mention they are darn beautiful!
There is nothing like adorable, sweet and smart children to make you feel like your life is exactly where it should be. Good job, Momma. They are sweet indeed.
So cute, tender, and sweet, Lisa! :)
You always take such beautiful pics of your bunch!
Thanks for the update.
Post a Comment