I tell ya, if you've got nothing to do on a Friday night, go find yourself a church carnival and see just how much fun people watching can be!
To protect the innocent however, we'll just focus on my brave kids and how much fun they had there that night! (but there were some pretty interesting sights to be seen...believe me!)
Big Butter and his buddy Nick (my friend's son, who really seems like Butter's big brother, they're so much alike!) decided to be brave and ride the Octopus. Have I mentioned how fearless this 5 year old is!? This is the guy who spins around being the "Human Tornado," until he either falls down or crashes into the wall or a large piece of furniture and thinks it's really cool that the room is moving! He got on there thinking he's as brave as any other teenager on there, and at first he loved it....but the higher it went, and the more they spun around, well...each time he flew past us, Big Butter sunk further and further down in his seat. His smile seemed to fade just as quickly as the color in his face! But being the stud (does anyone even use that word anymore!)that he is, he held on, and rode that ride to the end without even letting out a peep! When it finally stopped, they were still in the air, with their backs toward us. (yeah, we were the smart ones who just watched!) He turned around and peeked over the edge to let us know he was OK, gave me the best attempt he could at a smile, then slowly slithered back down to the safety of his seat and patiently waited to return to solid ground! When he finally got off of that thing, he ran over and simply said, "That was kinda scary!" We'll see just who's brave enough for that one next year! (and I can tell ya right now, it won't be me...I get dizzy enough on the carousel with Baby Butter!)
1 comment:
Oh I love carnivals! We have a fantastic one here in town every July and it is sleazy and weird and enormous fun. I go every year with the kids because I think its good to get all the different perspectives on life...and where else do they serve you so much deep fried food? Fabulous fun!
Post a Comment