Ah Baby Butter...I'm sorry, but I just think he is too darn adorable! (Can't a Mom think her boy is super-cute!) The other night during dinner, I heard him making this weird sound, but there was so much other noise going on, (you'd think these kids never see me, the way they fight for my attention!) I didn't quite realize what it was at first. When everyone finally stopped to listen,
we heard...(just in case you can't quite understand him!) "Cugga chugga chugga chugga...open up tunnel!" (then it was "i see" as he had to see the video on the back of the camera...as he does for EVERY picture we take!) Obviously we've had a little trouble getting the kid to eat and have had to resort to airplane and train forks full of mac n' cheese! The boy really is a little sponge and picks up on everything anyone does! (that can be good and, well not quite so good!) Good when he puts all of his toys away or uses a napkin to wipe his face, but not quite so good when he runs around chasing people with swords! He is a boy and I guess that's what they do, and I should be really happy that I can't think of any of the other "not quite so good" things right now! He is a little sweet pea, and keeps us laughing with his silly sense of humor, and that melt-your-heart smile, and the sweetest little "pleeeeese" to which you just can't possibly say "no!"...as long as he's well rested, otherwise he's some other crazy, cranky, whiny kid to whom it is really easy to say "no!" So we hope each day that he'll take some sort of a nap so we can be entertained like this at dinner and actually enjoy the time the kids are all together again, rather than counting down the minutes until bedtime, taking deep breaths and counting to 10...or so!
we heard...(just in case you can't quite understand him!) "Cugga chugga chugga chugga...open up tunnel!" (then it was "i see" as he had to see the video on the back of the camera...as he does for EVERY picture we take!) Obviously we've had a little trouble getting the kid to eat and have had to resort to airplane and train forks full of mac n' cheese! The boy really is a little sponge and picks up on everything anyone does! (that can be good and, well not quite so good!) Good when he puts all of his toys away or uses a napkin to wipe his face, but not quite so good when he runs around chasing people with swords! He is a boy and I guess that's what they do, and I should be really happy that I can't think of any of the other "not quite so good" things right now! He is a little sweet pea, and keeps us laughing with his silly sense of humor, and that melt-your-heart smile, and the sweetest little "pleeeeese" to which you just can't possibly say "no!"...as long as he's well rested, otherwise he's some other crazy, cranky, whiny kid to whom it is really easy to say "no!" So we hope each day that he'll take some sort of a nap so we can be entertained like this at dinner and actually enjoy the time the kids are all together again, rather than counting down the minutes until bedtime, taking deep breaths and counting to 10...or so!
2 comments:
What a handsome and fun little guy! I love the chugga, chugga. My boys are the same about naps. They make all the difference. Trouble is, when they take one, they don't go to bed until 9:30 or so. We miss him so much and wish the boys could all play with swords together! Enemies beware! Hurray for little boys.
That was so sweet! I love my boys...they keep me constantly entertained...and I wish we did naps in this house. It would make me more pleasant at dinner!
Post a Comment