


We had been inseparable for years, but somehow drifted apart in High School and completely lost touch after she moved away our senior year. I felt like I was back in Jr High (but in a good way this time!) as soon as I saw her! So we had two fun filled nights out on the town, but Saturday afternoon brought yet another trip down memory lane. I brought the kids with me, and we all got a little tour of the school!
Here's the office where I had to sign in for being tardy just a few times!
They got to chill in the Senior Lounge...although I spent my breaks with all the second-hand smoke in the (can you believe this...) Smoking Lounge! I mean really, how on earth were kids allowed to smoke in school when they weren't even old enough to buy cigarettes?! (or were they back then? I don't know, I just know I didn't!) The kids had fun with the lockers...until Big Butter got trapped inside of one! Word got around fast about that!
And my favorite...the choir room. I spent more time in that room than any other. I didn't play any sports, wasn't a cheerleader, nor was I in any clubs, poms or anything else that might have been fun (loser!) but I was in choir (concert and jazz) all four years. You can call me any kind of nerd you want (I know Kurt sure does) but it really was so much fun! The best was at Christmas-time when we got to go do concerts for luncheons at country clubs and offices; and of course the big Christmas Concert. I still go back from time to time to see that one with my brother and his wife. I love to hear each footstep during the processional, and still get teary singing "Silent*Night" and "The Lord*Bless You and Keep You!" So it was quite exciting to see that my hand print was still on the wall with my (still not sure what I was thinking with this one...major issues in my teenage years!) "Leesah" next to it! PWH* has changed a lot with a big addition and an end to the "smoking lounge!" The thing that got me was how much bigger the theater seemed and how much smaller the choir room actually was...weird.
So I've got to say, much to my surprise, it was a fabulous weekend and I can't wait until the next one!
5 comments:
You look so absolutely fabulous for having graduated 20 years ago, no way! And really, you got to be a teenager in THE coolest decade ever. I will forever be jealous that I was just barely too young to be cool.
Wow! That was a serious trip down memory lane! I considered coming back for the 20 year reunion...and then I had all the same thoughts you did and kind of talked myself out of it. But it has been so fun to see all the pictures posted on Facebook. People look the same!!! So therefore I conclude that it really hasn't been 20 years...I couldn't possibly be in my 30's, married, with 3 kids and a mortgage payment...that would be WAY too grown-up for a person that lived for skipping school and playing hard. Ah, the 80's were great!
That looks so fun! So did they have a family day when you could bring the kids? Great idea. I went to my 20th but missed the 30th last summer, too bad. Glad you got to go and reconnect with some old friends.
You actually made a reunion look fun! Maybe there is hope for me going someday...
So funny they had a smoking lounge!
Not many people look as good as you at their 20th reunion! That must have been fun!
Post a Comment