Saturday, February 6, 2010

No More Shark Teeth!

One day as I was checking out Dillon's teeth...wiggling them to see if there were any loose ones yet, I about knocked him over with my excitement as I noticed not one, but two of those bottom guys weren't in there quite as tightly as they should be! How cool is that...my big guy's getting even bigger! So, I know I have issues, but I get just a little obsessed with things like that, and have to wiggle them all the time. So, a couple of days later I managed to poke around in there to see what was going on, and much to my surprise, I found the two permanent teeth had already made their way through those gums of his and were actually coming in right behind the baby ones! So, I kinda freaked out a bit at first, but then hoped (and talked to a few friends and the dentist's office) that since the little guys were indeed loose, they'd eventually fall out on their own. I was assured that they wouldn't need to be pulled and the permanent teeth would then move into their proper place, and my handsome boy would have an equally handsome smile! Whew! In the meantime, they looked pretty weird, so we decided to make them a cool thing! We called them his Shark Teeth and made a really big deal out of it!
Last week one of them was so loose, i wanted to just yank it out, but of course he wouldn't let me near it! The next morning when I saw him, the tooth was gone! I sent him back to his bed to look for it, but since he couldn't find the little pearly white thing, he came to the conclusion that the Tooth*Fairy must have already been there, and started to look for his big dollar! Finding nothing under his pillow, he then discovered some change lying about on the floor, scooped it up and exclaimed, "It was a scavenger hunt, Mom!" So awesome...but I didn't think that would quite do for his first lost tooth! I scurried around a bit and then had him double check between the pillows...a spot that perhaps he had missed earlier! Wouldn't ya know it...there was a big ol' dollar waiting for him! That smart Tooth*Fairy, she must have have incredible super powers to know exactly when those teeth fall out! Good thing she got there before it got lost, or even swallowed or something!

So today he lost the second tooth...at home in the middle of the afternoon! I'm thinking he'll have a much easier time finding that dollar in the morning!

Oh and because I am so darn proud....I've got to let you all know that this guy scored not one or two, but THREE goals in his soccer game tonight! Yeah, he's cool and talented like that! He's scoered 4 games in a row now! He just gets in there, grabs that ball and goes with it! We have so much fun watching him! I tried to take a picture last week, but as I did, he was actually kicking it in the goal...would have been perfect! But as I looked up to see him score, the camera moved and all I got was a shot of the field! (indoor of course!) Tonight, my batteries died...maybe next week!

5 comments:

Emma Jo said...

I wish losing teeth was always that easy. What a big boy and what a stellar athlete!! Cutie pie.

Amy Lynn said...

We have lots of little people with shark teeth in this house! It is always a shock to me when they start to lose teeth...it is yet another frightening sign that they are growing up way too fast! Hannah has a very lose tooth...she is only in preschool! Sigh.

And way to go on the soccer...Matthew is obsessed with it right now and ALWAYS looking for someone to play with in the backyard...one of us needs to move closer!

Lucky Mommy said...

I had my own version. I'm glad they're out and am so proud of your soccer star!

Becks said...

Good job on the shark teeth idea! That's so cute about the tooth fairy and the scavenger hunt! What a sweetie. I'd love to watch him play soccer, too!

Carrie Ann said...

Losing teeth is a big milestone. I remember losing my first tooth and feeling immediately grown up. I'm glad the tooth wasn't swallowed. That would be gross... for the tooth fairy that is.