Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bittersweet...

After waiting 2 whole weeks after his big brother and sister went back to school, Brady's big day finally arrived! PRESCHOOL! He's been wearing his backpack and talking for weeks about how he gets to go to school. He goes to an afternoon class, so as soon as he finished his lunch he ran back to my room and said, "Can we go? Can we go NOW?!" to which I responded, "Go where?" (as if I didn't know!) "TO SCHOOL!!!!" Ohhhh of course! Then, with tears in my eyes, cause he is my baby ya know, I asked...but what will I do while you're gone? His answer was simple...stay here, pick up Kacey and Dillon, then come get me! 45 minutes later, after a video interview and a few pictures, we were on our way! Half way there however, he changed his mind and wanted to go home! He clung to me as we filled out one last piece of paperwork and hung up his backpack. As soon as we entered the classroom, his enthusiasm returned! He sat on his purple square, waved a big Bye-Bye, gave me a big smooch and out the door I went! (yes I took more pictures, but have since misplaced the camera...so hopefully there will be more to post later!)
He's been away from me before...an hour at the gym, a couple of hours at church for nursery and of course when I go to work a few evenings each week. This time it's different. He's at school. It's only 6 hours a week, but it's the beginning...the beginning of the end. For 9 over years I've always had at least one of them home to take to the playground, the zoo, the lake, the trains, etc... Sitting here in my silent house I kinda miss hearing Lego's* and trains, Dora and Boots, Wubbzie and a little voice asking for "Mommy I want my mimi*blankie*chocolate milk*Backyardigans!"
Ok, so it's been a couple of weeks and guess what...the silent house it kinda nice! I've been able to tackle a couple of projects, and it actually stays clean for a whole afternoon! It's amazing how much quicker a trip to TraderJoe*s can be without a pint sized cart clipping your heels, and having to put back one item for every two that are placed inside of it! Yeah, I think we'll get through this preschool thing just fine! But when Kindergarten rolls around, I'm not so sure.....


He gives the BEST smooches!

Seems like just yesterday...


1 comment:

Lucky Mommy said...

Oh baby Brady! I'm so glad he's enjoying school and that you have some quiet time. I can't believe he's so big, though!