Ahhh summer...there's nothing better! Really!

We had yet another incredibly fun summer...I just haven't had the time or energy to post about all of our adventures (and treats!) I am now happy to report however, that after 5 long months, I have finally put an end to my 9:30pm-6:00am full-time work schedule! I've been sleeping at least 9hrs each night lately, trying to make up for the mornings of only 2-4! Looking back, I'm really not sure how I survived! I gained 10 pounds (which is now almost gone, thanks to Tony Horton and P90X...LOVE it!!!), was at Starbucks at least twice a day, was really crabby (I know, SO hard to believe haha!) struggled to make complete sentences that made any sense, watched the clutter build up around my house, cooked a total of 3 REAL dinners (if tacos and spaghetti count as real!) and tried to maintain some form of sanity by going to the gym and a playground, park or the pool almost every day! I think the best part was how everyone would greet me with, "Hey Leese! Wow, you look awful!" Thank goodness the work was really fun! The paychecks were pretty nice too...too bad they all went to pay for things I had already bought over the past 6 months! (Just say NO to credit cards, my friends!!!) I'm now back to my 2-3 evenings each week, and while the work and checks aren't quite what I was used to, I'm completely enjoying my "free-time!" During the past few weeks I have managed to prepare several dinners (even ones without the words "Helper, Mac or Ramen") clean all sorts of surfaces and hidden corners of my house, have a garage sale, completely cut out caffeine, read a book (a real grown-up one without any pictures or rhyming words!) and fit comfortably into my clothes again! I'm trying to be a better, more attentive mom (a seemingly unreachable goal), I'm generally a lot less crabby and finally people have stopped telling me how terrible I look!
Sleep...it does a body good :)

4 comments:
I'm so glad it's OVER!! I was not comprehending how you were pulling that off.. so exhausting it was making ME uncomfortable!! So now I can return to your land of blog peacefully.
I'm happy for YOU.
Now go lay down.
Whew! Congratulations on having your life back. Can't wait to see you guys!
Seriously, bless you bless you bless you!! Sleep my friend, sleep! And hey, there is nothing wrong with Tacos OR Ramen. :)
I don't know how you did that. You are one tough lady and have some fierce self control! So jealous. I'm glad you're getting sleep on a more normal routine now! I'm sure 10 lbs didn't look bad on you, but I know about having your clothes fit comfortably. You always look gorgeous to me!
Post a Comment