It's been a fun week at our house...
With only 3 bedrooms upstairs, we had to do a little rearranging when Brady joined our family three years ago, so that everyone would still have their own bedrooms. Unfortunately, the big kids just really didn't get along very well at the time, so putting them together was a frightening idea. Babies cry...a lot...at night...especially when they have colic! So I thought it would be best for Brady to have his own room. That meant Kacey ended up in the back of our finished basement, in a beautiful lavender room decorated with pink daisy curtains and quilt. She had all of her girlie things in there, and it was a great hide-out from the boys. However...despite it's cuteness, it was the basement, with creaks and darkness and very far away from mom! Sadly, very few nights, or even afternoons were spent in that cute Pottery*Barn room of hers. But a girl really needs to have her own room. A place to hang out and do whatever it is that cute, fun 9 year old girls do! At long last, I had a plan! The boys got to move in together and Kacey could finally get a room to call her own. Of course the boys wanted bunk-beds, so I shopped around and found a perfect set! Once I get an idea I want it done like, yesterday! Kurt was to buy them the next day! Well, for one reason or another, it didn't get done and I was a little less than happy. BUT lucky for him (haha) I looked on Craig*S List that night and found the exact same set for a fraction of the price! Woo Hoo! The next week my fabulous sister and her awesome daughter were in town and helped me take down the border and taped the walls for painting! It was a little sad changing the walls from my first baby's first room...but nothing like breaking down the crib a couple days later!
BEFORE...
DURING... 
AFTER...
There are still a few finishing touches, but for the most part their room is complete. Brady moved all of his clothes into his new drawers all by himself. He is so excited to now be in his new "Big Boy Bed!" Yep, he transitioned from his crib in his own room, to a bed in his brother's! The first few nights were a big party, but it's been a week now and they're doing great! Everyone loves the new set-up. They come home from school and run in to read stories or play games or do Lego*s in there. It's AWESOME!!!
3 comments:
I love it! I showed the boys and now they want bunk beds too! Their beds can convert into bunks, when they're big enough. Their room looks so adorable. Great job and happy boys! Hurray!
Gotta love a completed home project!! Glad they love it! We finally got Jesse his own space in our very own dark and cracked back of a basement-- but luckily at age 14 he does just fine in the pit!
Yay for the new rooms! It sure was fun to help out. I'm glad everyone has a place they like to sleep.
Post a Comment