Poor Lulu....
For three long years, this girl has been in limbo. She chose to have her room in the basement (far away from those bothersome brothers), and at the time it seemed like a great idea. For the first few weeks it really was, but it wasn't long before the excitement of it all wore off, and the creepiness (even though our basement is a fully finished playroom with bright yellow walls) of "Basement Monsters" or whatever it was, kept this girl upstairs. An adorable room full of trinkets, books, stuffed animals and lip gloss remained vacant. I mean she REALLY didn't spend time in that room...not even to change her clothes! It was really sad. Finally we moved the boys together and the Princess has her Palace!!!

BEFORE.....
AFTER.....
(cool closet "secret fort"...safe place to hang her pics, as to not ruin the walls mom spent forever painting haha! Look familiar to anyone? :) at least it's not Prince* and Michael*Jackson this time!)
We still need to put her things on the walls and shelf, but you get the idea! She wanted it to look like an Easter Egg...6 cotes of paint later, it pretty much does! It is SO incredibly amazing to have this girl in her own room! She sets out her outfits at night, fixes her hair, keeps everything put away, SLEEPS IN HER OWN BED and truly has a place to call her own!
6 comments:
Very very cute! I want my very own room too.
Six coats of paint? Are you crazy! You are one amazing mama! I love that room. I want to come play in it after school. I'll bring the cookies!
Creating new spaces is SO satisfying!
Nice work Mama.. and LOVE the lights in the closet. Twinkly white lights make everything more magical...
Wahoo! It turned out sooo cute! Sorry it took so much paint--wish I could have been there to help! You did an awesome job and it's so great that she loves to be in her new room. Congratulations!
SO fun!! I love those older girls being able to have space to themselves. It just fosters something unique and special in them and makes them so happy!! I love her secret closet. Adorable! Well done!
El Closetito
Post a Comment