Friday, October 15, 2010

Catching Up...

Ok, so the next several posts may be a bit out of order and incredibly old news....but I've been a little busy lately and so blogging has been a little low on my "To Do List"
So, like, about 2 months ago (yes, I am WAY behind!) we had a pretty big day over here...THE KIDS WENT BACK TO SCHOOL! Which meant...DILLON STARTED KINDERGARTEN!!! We had such a fun summer, (and there will be more out of order posts hopefully in the next few days about some of those fun adventures!) but ya know those last couple of weeks made everyone start to think that a little time apart from one another wouldn't be such a bad thing!
Of course we set out the outfits the night before, and had their Hannah*Montana and Tony*Hawk backpacks all loaded up with notebooks, pencils, glue sticks and crayons...is there anything better than a box of brand-spankin' new crayons? Somehow everyone was up, dressed, teeth brushed, hair combed, breakfast eaten and ready for the photo shoot long before the bus showed up! Dillon went to all day preschool last year, so really the only big transition was that he finally gets to ride the bus, buy his lunch...and NO NAP TIME! (He was the only kid who didn't sleep, and absolutely HATED nap time! It was pure torture for him to lay still with no talking and nothing to do for 45 minutes every day! They finally let him sit behind the teachers' desks and do puzzles and color while the other kids rested!) Anyway, back to this year...we went to the "Meet the Teacher" night, and when I asked him if he wanted to see the gym, cafeteria etc, he said "Mom, I totally already know where they are!" Ah yes, of course, how silly of me! Alright, again I digress...they got on the big bus, we drove up to meet them, I got stopped by the nurse who told me Dillon couldn't stay because he still needed an immunization! (they changed the law since his last check-up!)While I got that squared away, Dillon slipped away! I finally found him... He had gone to the cafeteria to eat his breakfast...cause, ya know, that's just what you do when you get to school. This kid had no fear, no anxiety, and definitely no tears!


My big 4th grader went straight to her classroom (in the new wing...so cool!) unloaded her backpack, and went straight to work on her word search. Very fun to have her aunt's high school best friend as one of her teachers this year...and even more fun to be sitting right next to her best friend!

After a few more pictures, I finally decided they'd be ok haha, and I should get on my way back home! Luckily I still have Brady to keep me company at the playgrounds, train museum and zoo! (he didn't start school for a couple more weeks...that was my "Bittersweet" post!)

Everyone had an awesome day! Dillon's first day became even more memorable...he came home with one less tooth to brush!

2 comments:

Emma Jo said...

The first day of school is always so exciting. What cutie pies!

Becks said...

Cute post! What a fun way to remember the first day of school. Love you guys!