Well, it's been 2 weeks now since we said good-bye to the trusty ol' pull-ups and welcomed in the (adorable) kid-sized boxer briefs. And he's been doing alright...I suppose! K was almost 4 when she finally "GOT IT." And she really did - absolutely no accidents - even at night! So I thought that's how it worked. You know, one day (after years of pull-ups and lots of stickers and m&m's) they finally "GET IT!" and then just "DO IT!" Well, it seems it's not quite so simple with my D. He's great at home (after a few days filled with paper towels and clorox*wipes) and even at school and church (other than forgetting that we wait until we're actually IN the bathroom to take down our pants! - a simple mistake!) It's just when we get to Grandma and Grandpa's house that he kinda forgets (or perhaps just doesn't quite realize) that this is where it is IMPERATIVE that we use our best potty manners! He didn't play favorites either, he marked his territory at both homes this weekend. While he managed to find the potty at the Grandma and Grandpa K's, he somehow forgot that
we use toilet paper, NOT Grandma's brand-new rugs to clean up our stinky messes! I do need to add that the kid has reached some fun milestones over these last couple of weeks. There's the whole potty thing, then he started coloring in the lines, drawing actual pictures of dinosaurs, writing his name and sitting in the SAME chair for all of Sharing Time! It's been a big month for Big Butter and I'm super proud of him. He just can't go to either of his Grandma and Grandpa's without a big box of corn starch!Here he is at Grandma and Grandpa K's with his OLDER cousin. (he is a BIG butter!) These two have so much fun together - true partners in crime, double trouble and any other cliche you can think of!
5 comments:
Oh so cute...and there is nothing quite like a newly potty trained child. Good bye diapers/pull ups! Good job!
I'll give you $100 if you'll take Hannah until she is potty trained??!! C'mon...please?? The girl is so smart and perfect in every other way but she is truly going to give me a heartache trying to get this potty thing. I don't get it.
I love super hero pj's and cute, fun cousins!! (And as funny as I'm sure it didn't seem, the potty and the grandparent stories made me laugh so hard!)
The good news is that there are very few sixth-graders who haven't "got it" yet. I think it's a sign of a bright mind...at least that's what I used to tell myself...
I bet that will be your best Christmas present - a potty trained child! Who cares if he gave it to you early?
i agree your idea ! very nice blog
Post a Comment