So who needs sleep? Turns out it's ME! Sure as heck thought I didn't. I realized the other day that I (not too unlike a lot of other Moms) have been averaging 3-5 hours of sleep each night for the past month or so. I've got these kids (whom I love ever-so-dearly!!!) who are determined to keep my undivided attention throughout the day. I love spending time with them, but guess what - there's a whole heck of a lot of other things I have to do this time of year! So by the time I get them all tubbed, storied and to sleep; clean up the house, wrap some presents, address some Christmas cards, bake a few cookies, check my emails, do some bloggin'...it's at least 12:00! Then there were the two ear infections, croup, athsma, middle of the night potty-time (so excited - D's in his undies even at night now!) and, and, and...And then I get up far to early (5:41) to try and regain my sanity by spending some quality time at the gym. So I thought I was doing alright - even though I spent most of the day yawning! But then I noticed something... I was completely losing my mind! Now I know what you're all thinking, there really wasn't much there to begin with - how on earth could it have gotten worse? Well, believe me...it has! Oh, I won't go into all of the nutty details, but trust me when I tell you, I've been a complete idiot the past few weeks! Silly things like forgetting things, mixing things up, ya know nothing worth an institution, but then one day...They had shut down the big highway for some major construction, and the day before it re-opened, they allowed everyone to walk or ride their bikes on it. So as we drove past on our way home from church, we thought we'd join them all for a nice sunday walk! So to make a really long story just a little bit shorter, let me just say - I parked the car, got the kids out, started yapping on the phone and made sure D didn't get hit by any cars! And then we started walking to the highway. And walking, and walking, and walking... where the heck was it!?! Why on EARTH did I park so far away!?! When we saw the hospital signs, I finally realized we weren't anywhere near where we were supposed to be! I had drug my kids in our Sunday clothes along a busy street with no sidewalk or shoulder for over a mile and a half on the wrong road! Then of course we had to go back!!! Luckily the kids were having fun - tons of leaves to stomp through, rock walls to climb, hills to run up and down...lucky for me it wasn't too cold! What a sight we were! Trudging through the mud in spots, me in a skirt and boots, taking turns with piggy-back rides when their poor little legs were just too tired! Interesting thing...this was a very nice area of town, where you'd think some very nice people would be and that just perhaps one of those shiny, new cars would slow down and see if this poor mom and her exhausted kids were ok. But I guess we looked like we were handling the situation, cause it just didn't happen! 
So we finally made it the highway and wouldn't ya know - we were too late! They wouldn't even let us walk down to it. My poor kids! They were pretty bummed out and I was just stinkin' mad that I had gotten so mixed up! They let us take some pictures from the on-ramp, so at least we got that! LuLu loved "swimming through the leaves," Big Butter had a great time finding sticks and we got some good exercise (as LuLu kept reminding me!). And LuLu says "It was the Adventure of Our Life!"
So, back to my main issue here...sleep! Sunday morning (after being up all night with not one, but two boys and their throw-up eww!!!) I ended up sick too! That part was not fun. However, I got to sleep ALL DAY!!! Seriously, I stayed in bed until 5pm, then layed on the couch and took another power nap at 7:30, snuck in another quick one while lying down with D, then finally went to bed for the night at 10:30. Nope, no gym on Monday, slept in until 7:10. Guess what...I feel MUCH better now!!!Early to bed and early to rise makes a woman healthy, wealthy, and wise!!!
(well, i don't know about the wealthy part-still trying to figure out that one!)
4 comments:
Oh I feel your pain (or I can at least imagine!) Sick kids, no sleep, so busy, absent-minded for sure here.
Though I would have cut out the early morning work out a loooong time ago...but that is why you are still more sane than I am.
I am glad you are all better and the crazy Christmas is behind us as a good memory!!
Poor Leese! I know that exhausted, gotta-keep-going feeling. Ugh. Hope you're getting caught up on some sleep now that the busy holiday season is winding down. I love your blogsite, it's so cute and fun.
cool blog
Oh, I use to be the "party all night and function on 3-4 hours of sleep" girl. Now I am downright weird and emotional and psychotic if I don't get my 7-8 hours of sleep! I so, so, so feel your pain. We've had a 7-year old who checked out a "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" book and hasn't slept through the night in over a month because he is having serious night terrors. I'm so ready to strangle somebody...just haven't figured out who. Just think...someday they will all be big and want to sleep in all day. I can't wait!
Post a Comment