Apparently I have an incredibly popular car...well, mini-van (yeah that's right, 3 kids and a mini-van!) Lulu has named her Silvermist and we see others just like her all the time! Yesterday, as we were leaving the playground, I tried to unlock my car door. Since I couldn't find my keys anywhere before we left, I had the spare...which meant no remote! So I put my key in the lock and wouldn't you know, it won't turn. Are you kidding me?! I thought, Well maybe it takes a different key to unlock it and I just don't have that one! As I looked inside, I wondered, Hmmm...why on earth do I have one of Big Butter's pull-ups in there? He hasn't worn those in months! Did I accidentally pack one of those instead of a diaper? Then it hits me...I'm such an idiot! This isn't even my car! Hoping that no one saw my incredibly stupid mistake, I quickly went 3 more spaces down, got in my car, and quickly drove away!
We then went to the store. As I went to put Baby Butter in his side, I noticed there were already grocery bags in the front seat. Ok, now I'm really loosing it! Now these are the same bags I've been using to deliver all of our GS Cookies this week. Did I forget that I had some in my car? No way...I'm not THAT flaky! (or am I?) So I checked the license plate...yep that's my car alright! Just then a man comes over and exclaims...Oh! I've got the wrong car! So I'm not the only idiot out there! Of course I told him I'd gladly trade! I'm sure his floor isn't completely covered with Goldfish, his CD player probably works, there's no crack in HIS windshield...But I'm sure my kids would miss the gazillion toys that roll back and forth with every turn and the dinosaur stickers on the windows and even all of the Goldfish that might not be too bad if you just give 'em a little wipe and blow off the rest of the germs!
7 comments:
I have a dirty mini-van with a crack in the windshield too!!
Are we a classy pair?
That's too funny. I can tell my minivan by the scrapes on the bumper!
I've done that before--Funny!
Me too! We just got our cracked windshield fixed...but we have toys, goldfish, dirty socks, lost homework, crumbs, wrappers, old food...I don't even worry about locking the car because they'd take one look inside and run for their lives! I laughed so hard at your story. I can't TELL you how many times I've done that. Everyone here in AF has a white Dodge Caravan...so confusing for those of us with "weaker" minds!
Mini vans do that to a person. I decided that my days of every trying to be cool again went down the toilet the day we drove our mini van home. I love it, but you know, it's a mini van.
Now THAT'S comedy.
I thought is was my age that has made me make that same mistake. Glad to know it happens to the younger set, too! Except, I don't drive a mini-van and sometimes the car isn't even the same make as mine. Maybe it is age.
Post a Comment