Yes, I know, I've already mentioned that Big Butter's playing T-Ball and he's really good and aggressive and having lots of fun and and and... But you've just got to see how the first games were played. I was literally Laughing Out Loud!
The fielders were all lined up from first base to third, with pretty much a 1-1 parent-child ratio! As soon as the ball was hit, it was a mad dash (with my Big Butter in the lead) to get to that ball!
Occasionally there was some confusion as to who actually got to the ball first. Somehow, it almost always ended up in Butter's hands! (I'm afraid the little guy in the red hat didn't have a chance in this group!) Thankfully, by the third game the ringleaders of this circus finally set up some rules! They set out some hula hoops for the boys to designate their "territory" and they were only allowed to run after balls that were hit in their direction! Butter took a few steps the first few times a ball was hit, but remembered the rule and went back to his circle. By the last game, the kid was catching all the balls that were headed his way, but was throwing or even handing them over to different teammates so they could have a chance to play too. So while the boy is incredibly aggressive and will do whatever it takes to get to that ball...he really is sweet and wants everyone else to have a good time too. I'm just glad he stopped running over the poor little 3 year olds! I know it's a sport, and that's kinda part of it, but I really felt badly for the little guys during those first few games. It's a bit tricky...when he's older and playing for scholarships or professionally ('cause, yeah, of course he's that good!) he'll need to have that drive, but right now, I'm just afraid he's hurting their feelings or just plain hurting them! Can you tell I never really played sports! Anyway, I'm glad he had fun...next is soccer....WATCH OUT 'cause this boy is all about running!
1 comment:
That is so funny. We haven't experienced the littles playing sports yet but I'm sure we're in for some fun times. We DID enjoy swim lessons though...for some reason my two oldest just couldn't get the kicking motion down and Clark and I would sit and giggle (in a a very loving parent sort of way.)
Post a Comment