I'm sure you've noticed that we like to take a lot field trips! There are several reasons for that...there are SO many fun places to go with SO many fun things to do, my kids are usually on their "good behavior" in public, I never hear anyone say, "mom, I'm bored," my house doesn't get messed up, there are no TV's, the kids learn about interesting things and I get to hang out with my fun kids instead of hiding inside cleaning all day! (now perhaps I should spend some time at home dusting my window blinds and ceiling fans, or cleaning out a closet or two... but there's plenty of time for that when the kids are in school and it's too cold to get a tan!) This week I actually stayed home a bit more and attempted to do some serious house work. This gave the kids an opportunity to (among other things)...flush an entire roll of TP and flood the bathroom which in turn leaked down to the basement, try to get Baby Butter on the roof of the playhouse, flood the bathroom again and use an entire bottle of shampoo while giving stuffed animals baths, cut a twice worn pair of shorts in two to make clothes for the freshly bathed stuffed animals' fashion show...get the picture? Nothing worth going crazy over, but certainly a little more stressful than this...
Rolling down Art*Hill (ok, yes, this was right before the actual rolling took place! Baby Butter wanted to go down the hill on Lulu's back...it didn't really work out like he had hoped it would!) Taking a break from throwing gravel into the lake, for a quick "cheese!"
This was a REALLY fun time. It was a picture perfect day, not too hot and just a few poofy white clouds in the clear blue sky. We took a Happy*Meal picnic to the park and spent the afternoon walking around the lake, rolling down the hill and feeding the ducks!
You gotta watch out - those guys are HUNGRY and will even nibble at little fingers! They were literally jumping out of the water to eat the bread...we were cracking up! A pretty simple day...but one I'll never forget!
And no Saturday is complete without a trip to Tropical*Snow! Best shaved ice around! Little butter's so big, he now gets his very own snow cone! (I used to share mine with him...but he was starting to get a little too greedy! Don't mess with my treats!)
Now who wants to scrub baseboards when there's this much fun going on out there!?!
(I'll let ya guess where this one was taken!)
5 comments:
Oh what fun! You really are amazing to take them so many places and do such fun things. And you are right, being out of the house it is a lot easier to focus on having fun with them instead of being distracted at all the many many things to get done at home. How fun!
Oh, how I wish we lived next door and our kids were best friends and we would beg to come on ALL of your adventures and be included in all the fun! St. Louis is SUCH a fun place to live! I loved it growing up...and I miss it even now. Will you take your kids and go to Ted Drewes, get something gooey and yummy, and dedicate it to me???
So much fun! I love the pictures--they just say "summer day in childhood". Isn't it wonderful to grow up doing such happy things with mom? Lucky kids. :)
No wonder you stay out? That's an impressive list of mischief. The pictures look like so much fun. It makes me wish we could go on outings together too. It's been over 100 here for so long we're starting to look for indoor activities again. Mall playground, anyone? Thanks for sharing your fun adventures and beautiful kids!
I'll have to live vicariously...we are cooped up indoors most of the summer bc of the stupid heat. (so bitter)
You guys have so much fun--and your kids are getting so much out of it. Wish we could come play...
Post a Comment