Well here we are...summer vacation is half over, and I've barely documented a thing! So I'll try to be brief an just give a few highlights of June! Of course, no month would be complete without at least one trip to the zoo! The big attraction this year is the new Stingray exhibit! Let me tell you, it's great fun if you don't have a 30 minute wait with a one year old who wants a nap...and make sure he doesn't like to play in the water because if he splashes, the zookeeper will firmly remind you that he is frightening the stingrays!
We love the elephants and are always excited when they have the babies out!
Usually the lions are sleeping, but this time we got a treat! We even saw her leap out of the tree, but darn this camera...didn't quite capture it!
We love to swim, but Baby Butter is still pretty high maintenance at the big pool (he loves to jump in , climb back out then jump in again...and again...and again!) So, a more relaxing alternative for mom (besides paying a sitter to watch him while i take the big kids to the pool ... spending a small fortune to sit poolside, soaking in the sun, chatting with some friends and not have to run around after a one year old, is sometimes worth it!) is to break out the ol' Pirate Ship!
I let big Butter choose the pool this year, which really did look bigger in the picture on the box! Even though I about passed out several times trying to get the thing inflated, the mast still won't stay up and the wimpy slide is useless after just a few attempts to splash into the water! Well, you know how patient kids are...they gave up on that, and decided the playground slide would be much better for flying into the pool...literally! They stood at the top and jumped down to the bottom...totally cracking up the whole time! Well, you know what our mothers all said, "It's only fun until someone gets hurt!" With this thought screaming in the back of my head, I thought I'd better be a party pooper and keep Baby Butter on his little behind. The little guy was having so much fun, though, and he just has to do everything the big kids do, so yeah, I caved...said a little prayer that he wouldn't split his head open (it's a really tiny slide and he really was ok!)...and laughed with them all as they had the best time you can have with a simple slide and a pirate ship full of water! Unfortunately there are no pictures, as I was really trying to not encourage that one!
So what good is summer without a carnival?
A friend of mine lives clear across town from me, so we've found a carnival that's right in the middle for us and is a great time for all! I about flipped when I heard just how much they wanted for 2 wristbands, but figured that is was well worth it for 3 hours of non-stop rides! Lulu, Big Butter and their buddy had a blast running from ride to ride and didn't even squirm while waiting in line!
Kim and I actually had uninterrupted conversation (pretty amazing with 3 kids there!) and got to listen to the fabulous band...who even played my song, which I like to call, "Kacey's Mom!" (I know, now none of you can listen to "Stacey*s Mom" without thinking of me! haha!
I decided one day, that I want to be a Personal Trainer or some sort of Fitness Class Instructor; so I began teaching a Boot Camp! I'm studying to get certified, but in the meantime, this has been a great experience and is a lot of fun! A bunch of moms from school meet up at the track and we have a great time with cardio and toning and a little Hannah*Montana! The kids get to come hang out on the playground and sometimes even join the class. Here they are doing a few lunges in a class of their own!
Summer can get get pretty hot and humid around here (to say the least!) so we've decided that if we want to go to a playground...
there had better be some fountains!
Of course the big kids ran right in, but for baby Butter, it took a little time before he realized just how much fun they can be!
Alright, that's probably enough excitement for you to take in at one sitting! Don't worry though...there's much more to come!
2 comments:
Fabulous summer! You truly are one amazing mom. I hope your children know and appreciate how lucky they are!!! How I miss the zoo...and where can I get my hands on that fabulous pirate pool?
And seriously...can you video tape your boot camp workout and send it to me? I would LOVE to have you kick my butt...especially if it will look like yours when I'm done!
So many cute pictures...what a summer you guys have had! Lucky kids to get to do so many fun things. Thanks for letting us come to visit...loved being with you and your family! The kids are growing up so fast. We love you!
Post a Comment