I think this picture really captures their own personalities so well!
(Little Butter is on his way to mom's arms!)
Halloween has become so much more than just one night of costumes, jack-o-lanterns, trick-or-treating, too much candy and staying up too late crazy from serious sugar-rushes! This year we got to use our overpriced costumes several times! (actually they averaged out to be ok - B's duckie was from his cousin and D's lion was K's a few years back - but she had a pink bow in her mane!) We had Boo at the Zoo last Saturday afternoon, followed by Trunk or Treat at school that night. Then the very next night we had another Trunk or Treat at church. Then there was D's school party - K's was a "Fall" party this year - no costumes :( So, we decided we could pass on trick-or -treating at story-time, the mall and even Westport*Plaza. (of course none of those were actually on Halloween...We need these kids to have as many opportunities as possible to get as much candy as they can!) Don't get me wrong - I LOVE Halloween and every chance to get them all dressed up in their fun costumes (and they do too). I just thought that if we went to so many of these events it would take away from
the excitement of the actual SPOOKTACULA
R night! Well...I was wrong!
First came the pumpkin carving. Designed one night and carved on the following evening. (again, dragging this holiday out as long as we can!) Everyone got a turn to reach in and feel the slime! D wanted a dinosaur design, but ended up being ok with a witch (the kit didn't come with a dino template!). K's was an original design of a spider on one side and a spooky jack-o-lantern on the other! By the time I broke the carving knife, K cut her finger and D finally went to bed... we were happy to have 2 carved pumpkins! Sorry B - we'll make sure yours is extra special next year!Finally...the BIG night arrives!!!
We went trick-or-Treating with our good friends (as we do every year). This year was PERFECT!!! It was actually WARM! No big coats to cover up the mermaid's pretty fins! And the Lion-Horse decided that he'd be just a lion tonight, (of course the horse was the most expensive costume! oh well!) he'd be too hot with the horse part too. Our subdivision is pretty lame and there's a lot of walking for the few houses with lights on. This year we decided to crash the party at the subdivision next to ours. HOLY COW!!! This is what Halloween's all about! It was crazy! TONS of kids running around everywhere. All of the houses were decorated. Most of them had lights and all sorts of scary things in their trees and yards. A few even had spooky skeleton silhouettes in their windows with strobe lights flashing behind them - very cool! We had so much fun - I didn't want to go home!!! But, the poor things...their bags were getting heavy and they were pretty worn out, so I decided we'd better head on back. 
B got to do a little trick-or-treating too. He'll really have some good fun NEXT year!
W
e had to stop and re-fuel with a little cheese popcorn sn
ack!
BEFORE...
AND
AFTER!!!
Mom and Lulu at one of the Trunk or Treats!
4 comments:
Hurray for people who make their houses fun for Halloween and for kids who are so happy to be in adorable costumes. I'm glad you got to dress up too - that's part of the fun - and the pumpkin carving sounds like it was the scariest part of your Halloween! Adorable kids!
What a FABULOUS Halloween! Perfect all the way around. Don't you love neighborhoods that get every thing right? The decorations, the candy, the ambience?? I love your kids costumes...they really do reflect their cute personalities! And I think yours was the funnest...seriously, who looks that hot in a cheerleading outfit 20 years after graduating????
Your little spooks are absolutely darling! You are one good mom to give your kids the whole 20 yards of Halloween! Amy's right--you look like you just stepped out of West HS's yearbook pages!
1. I too enjot the fact that we get multiple chances to wear that costume.
2. I LOVE that you are wearing a PW cheer uniform, but the best part is that it looks big. Who are you, mom of 3?!
3. I am blown away by your charity to 'lil Rhodesbud. You've got me thinking I could be doing more for the cause. You are amazing!
Post a Comment