You've just gotta love the people that you meet at events like this! A lot of them are sweet grandmas who are buying kids' stuff for when their grandkids come over. Or new parents trying to save some money on all of the gear they'll need. Or the proffessional garage-sale-shoppers who just love a great deal. But occassionally you get to meet some people who just make your day a little more interesting! And if you're a single gal, it's a pretty good way to meet some men...Like the kind-of creepy guy who insited on trying on all of the men's shorts by the side of my house! (luckily he left his own on, but it was still just a little wierd!) Or the not-so-creepy but still kind of strange guy who talks your ear off for 25 minutes and doesn't buy anything! Or the incredibly-super-creepy guy who offers to let you have his baby; and is even so thoughtful as to say he'd marry you too! Yep - who knew I'd even get a marriage proposal out of this event! (Kurt better watch out!) Unfortunately, he's in violation of his parole and probably won't be around much longer - so sad!
Even LuLu got into it by selling RKT's and cupcakes! So, creepy guys aside, it was a total blast and I can't wait to do it again! The best part, was that 100% of the earnings, went to my sweet, sweet cousin and her awesome husband who SO deserve this chance to have their BABY RHODESBUD!!!
4 comments:
What a fun post! I am so glad you enjoy garage sales. I am too nervous to do one - it would completely put me over the edge with stress. It looks like you had some good stuff, though, and an adorable helper at the treats table! Too bad for the very, very creepy men loitering around. Sound like first class types! Ha! You're an amazing cousin.
You are hilarious and wonderful! We did not get all the creepy men but we did get lots of really strange women. I love your description of the whole event! And I still can't believe how much money you raised!! Hurray for fabulous cousins!
You almost make garage sales sound fun...almost. I really have a hard time putting one on so thank you thank you thank you for doing this for Carrie! I can't believe some of the men you got at yours. Who knew that garage sales would attract parolees and perverts? Interesting. I guess there's not much else for them to do on a Saturday morning! Anyway, a huge thank you again!!!!
Ah, garage sales. Beautiful. Looks like a great time.
Post a Comment