We got super-lucky and had spring in December (for a day!), so we took LuLu's new bike out for a spin around the Lake...
I was so mean! It was a little muddy out, (not to mention Baby Butter hadn't taken a nap and I just wasn't sure how long he'd last out there AND I knew I'd start to get cold once the sun started heading for the horizon - I'm such a wimp!) so they weren't allowed to play in the sand or hike through the woods on this trip. We made it around the 3.7 mile loop in record time - just over 2 hours! (this trip can take up to four hours on days with perfect weather and attitudes!)
One day as I was fixing dinner, the kids were playing downstairs, and my sweet little Baby Butter decided to help me by setting the table! At first I thought he was just getting into the silverware to play with them, but he actually took them to the table and set them around at every one's places! So I wonder, at what point (and more importantly, WHY) do these kids go from wanting to help with absolutely everything you do, to having to be bribed to even make their beds?
Lucky us... Radio*Disney was there and LuLu got to shake her booty in a hula-hoop contest! I was SO going to give it a try (it's been a few years, but I think I can still keep up with the best of them!), but Baby Butter wouldn't leave my arms, and I just wasn't too sure how that would work...maybe next time!
We had a great New Years' party! The kids got to snack on chips and salsa while watching Kung*Fu*Panda, LuLu even got to stay up a whole hour past her bed-time! I promised I'd wake her at midnight, but she didn't remember it in the morning. (She was pretty sleepy!) The excitement continued as we watched another movie, then a bit of New Year's Rockin*Eve before finally falling asleep around 1am! (times sure have changed!!!)
No break is complete with out a trip to the Mc*Donald's Germland! They really needed to release some energy...and did they ever! Amazing how much noise just a few kids can make...but they were happy, my house wasn't getting destroyed, and there was no one else there to be bothered by them!
Baby Butter got a hold of my soda...and wouldn't let go! The look on his face when he got those bubbles in his mouth was priceless! (I really need a better camera to capture pictures faster!)
He went from this squishy-faced "what the heck IS this?" look, to "oh yeah- I need some more of that stuff!"
We rounded up the week with a trip to see LuLu's buddy, Doug the Buffalo at the animal park. The first time we drove through here, she was about 3yrs old. As we drove home, she kept looking out the back window. When questioned about it, she explained that Doug the Buffalo was following us home!
There were elk, deer and geese out too!
So those were some of the major outings. We also got to take a road trip to spend a day visiting the in-laws and celebrate Christmas with them...but that's a posting in and of itself! LuLu and I finally got to see the lights at the zoo. I've wanted to go there for years, but have either had a tiny baby, or simply been too much of a wimp to be out in the cold. This year, I was determined to go see them. She and I used to go to the zoo 2 or 3 times a month before her brothers came along; so it was really fun to walk through the winter wonderland of lights, drinking our hot chocolate, listening to stories by the campfire and making a festive craft just the two of us...like old times!We also hung out at the mall and met up with friends for ice cream. That seemed like a great idea, but Baby Butter was just not having a good time. So as I was holding him, and giving the kids the 2 minute warning...I was suddenly covered in what was making him so miserable! Ewww! He managed to throw-up all over me, him, the floor...it was everywhere! So I took off our shirts (luckily I was dressed in layers!), tried to sop it up with some napkins (didn't work so well on carpet!) grabbed my kids and bolted to the car - apologizing to the poor kid who was stuck cleaning it up. Thank goodness my BFF was there to help me! It was pretty nasty, but it was just the beginning of our battle with the flu bug. Luckily it didn't last long, and it was during the weekend, so I had some help!
So as the break came to a close, I breathed a huge sigh of relief...we survived! More than that, the big kids really did have fun together. With LuLu home, not only did Big Butter stop harassing Baby Butter, but he managed to stay out of mischief for 2 whole weeks - it was AMAZING! We all missed her on Monday... when things went back to normal!
2 comments:
Hey, so good to hear from you! You are still as cute as ever, as are your kids! Sounds like you guys have been busy, but having fun. I miss all the good stuff that MO has to offer. Especially the zoo.
Fabulous, fun vacation! I'm coming to your house next time. But I felt the same way...I was not ready at all to have the kids go back to school. I loved the lounging and playing and keeping our own schedule with none of the icky stuff like waking up early, doing homework, etc. Hooray for fabulous vacations! (And really fun, creative moms! You are amazing!)
Post a Comment