Ok, say what you will about the man (cause goodness knows even I'll admit he became a complete freak!) I just can't let Michael Jackson's passing go without doing ANYTHING! Those of you who knew me in Jr High will COMPLETELY understand! Yes, I was one of those crazy-obsessed silly girls! I knew everything there was to know about the man. I wasted countless hours reading magazines and clipping articles and pictures...My sweet big sister even helped me create a scrapbook with all of my memorabilia! I spent even more hours glued to MTV* just waiting...hoping to see Beat It, Billie Jean or (OMG - THE BEST VIDEO EVER) Thriller! In fact I made my poor parents take me all the way into the 'Hood of North County to a roller skating rink because they were showing the full version of Thriller that afternoon! (I'm so sorry to have risked our lives and who knows what else up there! But THANKS!) My bedroom walls, school notebooks and locker were plastered with his photos! So I think you get it...I was convinced I was to marry the man! I think I should mention that this was all pre-freak days! It truly saddens me to see what became of his life. I think that when you are such a huge star from the age of 5...you really have no chance at any kind of normal life! Now I know, his reached far beyond just Hollywood Child Star Weird Life, but he was an incredible artist! So, here are just a few of my favorite MJ songs to keep you entertained while you check out my blog! Maybe they'll spark a few memories for you too! (and if i knew how to download a pic from the internet onto my blog I would have posted something from his Thriller days, so use your imagination!)
3 comments:
Hee hee! I remember your room. I remember your closet turned into stereo land plastered with magazine pages. I remember roller skating to Thriller in the basement and I just want you to know I am sorry for your loss. Just kidding. It is sad what happened to him and we were listening to some of his music tonight and the man had a serious gift!
I second that! My walls were also covered with the magic that was Michael.. (it didn't really accent my Merimeko rainbow room in the way my Mother would of chosen.. but bless her little heart.. she let it go!) not to mention my peacoat lapel was covered in his pins. I'm just excited to hear you were also a fan.. all I remember about your closet was Rick Springfield? (Did I get that name right??)
Oh, yes. I remember those days...I remember your undying devotion to him. And really, to our credit, he had NOT entered his creepy "plastic" surgery phase at that point. He was actually semi-good looking and very talented. Thank you for the ever so tasteful tribute and reminder of all the loves gone by. I think I had more Duran-Duran in my locker but Michael was a close 2nd!
Post a Comment