After almost one year of weekly trips to the piano teacher's home and countless snow cones as rewards for practicing, the big day finally arrived! Here's LuLu's first piano recital. I was so proud of her. She's really got a great talent here (and of course I'm not biased!). She had memorized her pieces (as she does with most of them) and was the only one to not use any music. My shy little girl has really blossomed and come out of her shell. She was incredibly confident as she got up to play "Dragon's Lair" and "Indian Dance" (doesn't there always have to be at least one Indian song at these things!) I recorded it, but not with the right camera to put it on here, so you'll just have to use your imagination and know that she plays as cute as she looks!
I was having such "Mom Moments" that day. As I sat there with my parents, I thought about all of my recitals they had sat through, all of the lessons I had been driven to, and all of the battles to get me to practice...and here I am going through the same things with my daughter. How fabulous life is...we get to see and do everything from each point of view! Then I thought about how lucky I am to have them here to experience this with me and how much their love and support means to me. Just one of those happy, warm-fuzzy days...
4 comments:
There is something about a child's piano recital that is so endearing and timeless! It is a HUGE accomplishment to get up in front of so many people and play the piano. I still feel that way! What a great mom for helping her get to this point. We haven't fought those battles yet...I'm too chicken.
So great. I was a total piano drop-out.. and now.. cannot imagine finding a spot to actually PUT a piano-- not to mention my boys would rather eat dirt, than play. So there are my "Why I'M not at a piano recital" excuses.. but I'm very happy for you and your warm fuzzy day! Truly! Maybe one day Sophie will think it's groovy. It's such a great talent to have.. but ofcourse it took me being 37 to notice. For now I will continue to endure the electric guitar and set of full drums that screech and throb from my basement on a daily basis!
P.S. I love that Amy and I were first to comment.. as if we just all had a little cousins discussion together! (Should we line up for our queer traditional pose for the camera now??)
Aww, I just love this! Cute LuLu--I would love to have been there to hear and watch her play. I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa love being there VERY much, too. Thanks for sharing your wonderful day. xoxo
Post a Comment