Monday, May 4, 2009

That's MY Boy!

I've had a lot of addictions in my life...chocolate, animal crackers, the sun, the gym (to work off all of that chocolate), Diet*Pepsi, Diet Cherry Limeades...just to name a few! I've broken myself of some of them, but there's one I just can't shake...shopping! While my wardrobe may not reflect it, I truly love to shop. I can't help it, it just somehow makes me feel better to find something cute and bring it home with me! Now I could go on and on here, but since I'm so behind on my posts these days, I'd better just get to the point! Shopping is always more fun when you've got a buddy with you. Typically this was my LuLu. Since she spends so much time at that darn school of hers, I've had to find a substitute (at least until summer vacation)! Now Big Butter...he's the last person you want to take to ANY store! We've had a "code yellow" called on more than one occasion; as he finds it simply hysterical to watch his frantic mom search for him! First the most dangerous possibilities, such as the parking lot, but once I've ruled that one out I can usually spot his yellow Croc*s dashing behind another fixture! Needless to say, I've found that it's just best to get my errands done while he's at school! Ok, this was supposed to be short, sorry, I just get sidetracked! Back to my point...my new partner in crime is my Little Butter! We were at Kohl*s the other day (imagine that!) and he helped me choose some new shoes. I have to mention that the kid is just obsessed with them - loves to wear everyone's shoes all around the house. So when I tried on this pair, his eyes just lit up! I asked him if he liked them and he nodded a most excited "yes!" I asked if I should buy them (like he knew the difference at 21 months!) and he continued to nod his elated little head and say "yes!" Of course then he insisted on wearing them the rest of the time we were in the store! He then found a shirt he liked. Now it's not one that I would have chosen, but it was just so cute that this little boy of mine picked out a shirt, held it up to himself and smiled the biggest "Doesn't this look cute on me" smile, that I just had to spend the $4 and get it for him! I mean really, how can you say no to that charming, sweet, "I've got Mom wrapped around my tiny, little finger" smile?

2 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

I love it! Sam likes to pick out his own shirts too. At least Little brother picked a good one. He looks so stinkin' cute with that grin on his face! I love the strappy sandals too. I wonder if he'll let you borrow them sometimes? It's so sad I can't come over and tickle him whenever I want too.

Amy Lynn said...

Oh, watch out! I have a little girl that spends hours studying all the catalogs that come into the house. She folds pages, she circles items she loves, and when something strikes her at the core, she comes running to me to say, "Mom, isn't that so cute?" And I love it! I love that you have such a faithful shopping buddy! And he has great taste...stylish shirt AND great price!

(I have to blame our shopping habits on our retail background...after all, it was born into our very genes many generations ago. It is SO not our fault!)