Ah summer...it's right around the corner! We had a pretty long and chilly spring, but I've finally put away the jackets and socks and there's now a basket full of flip flops by the back door! This past Saturday we finally found ourselves facing a day with absolutely nothing to do...no swimming lessons, T-Ball, brownie field trips, birthday Parties ~nothing! Well, if you know me...that didn't last for long! I started the day by teaching my Boot Camp at 7:30am and didn't get a break until I got home from work at Midnight...and it was a REALLY fun day! I took the kids on a trip around the lake again. They have so much fun there.Some days we've spent over 4 hours just riding around it once! (there are a LOT of rocks and sticks to play with over there!) This time it only took about 2 hours because it was much hotter than I had anticipated! Bad Mom only packed one juice box for each kid and totally forgot anything for herself! Luckily we picked up some Fruit*Loops on our way to tide us over until lunch! I thought a nice sugar rush might get them riding their bikes a little faster and we'd get back to air conditioning sooner!
How is it that the one who's just been sitting in the stroller looks the most worn out...Here's the one who needs to dive right into that lake...been sprinting with that stroller trying to keep up with two kids who are now REALLY fast on their bikes!
As always, they got to play in the sand for a while.
At one point, I saw Baby Butter heading towards a dead fish on the beach...luckily I grabbed him just two steps away from it. Thought I was so smart by not drawing any attention to it. Well, as I was getting him all buckled up in the stroller, I heard a "Hey Mom, look what I found!" coming from Big Butter! Oh yeah, it was the dead fish alright! He was holding it up by what was left of it's tail! Needless to say, I completely freaked out and screamed for him to drop it (several times!) as onlookers laughed and laughed! Ah boys! Unfortunately I was too busy being grossed-out to capture the moment with my camera, but here's the fish... 
That pretty much wrapped up the trip to the lake! We then got some long overdue lunch from McDonald*s and got our favorite summer treat...snow cones! You'd think that would be enough for one day; but since the pool was finally open and it was incredibly hot out, and heck, I still had a couple of hours until I had to go to work, we decided to grab our suits and brave the freezing cold first-day-the-pool's-open water! Yep, it was FREEZING! and nope, no pictures!
We got home and I had about 10 minutes to change, eat and get out the door to Kohl*s. We had a really fun day, and I'm getting more and more excited for summer and spending so much time with all three of my crazy kids! We're keeping the camps to a minimum this year since they are being a little more civil to one another! Who knows, they may end up actually loving each other by August! Just kidding, they already do...they've been great lately and I'm thinking we're going to have a real good time this year!
3 comments:
So much fun to be had in such a lovely place! You really are a super-mom, ya know. I'm trying to muster enough energy for the grocery store right now (as you can see by the fact that I'm reading blogs, I'm failing). I don't know which is worse, the tendancy to pick up gross things or the tendancy to drop your pants for a pee--anywhere! Boys are fun.
Ah, sign me up for summer at your house! It sounds glorious (minus the dead fish!). I can't wait for school to end and to just have my kids to myself...no homework, packing lunches, early bedtimes, early waking times...just me and the kiddos in pajamas and swimsuits all day. (And snow cones until our insides are all stained unnatural colors!) Come play!
You guys are always doing the funnest stuff ever! You'll make so many great memories.
Post a Comment