Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Love Fall




While I may tell you that spring is my favorite season (because I'm just so darn happy winter is over!) or even summer (because I hate putting socks and shoes on my kids - they can do their own flip flops!) I think that I may truly like fall the best because there are just so many things to do. All of the fall festivals, the pumpkin patch, the walks through the woods to see the beautiful leaves, hay rides; pumpkin muffins and molasses cookies! (they just taste better in the fall!) So here some of the things that we've enjoyed in the last few weeks...



The boys and I went to see the trains! D finally got the big bell on the train to ring, and ring, and ring... B was really interested in them too. He figured he could run around and climb on them like his big brother. He's really getting interested in everything and is no longer just content to sit in the stroller the whole time. I love that he's growing up, but some things were oh so much easier when just slept in the pumkin seat and stayed put! He really thinks he's as big as his siblings and tries to keep up with them! It's fun to watch!

Here's one of many "Fall Festivals" we've enjoyed. This is the 3rd time we've gone to this one - this time we brought some friends. The kids had a great time. They decorated pumkins and D even sat still to get an apple tree painted on his face! It didn't kast long - it's still so hot, he got all sweaty and wiped his face. So it became an impressionistic apple tree! They brought home their kits to make a bird house and race car - they were having too much fun just running around!

Mostly, we just love doing anything as long as we're outside!
And, no, I don't dress the boys alike every day. Just the days that we'll be out in a crowd for an adventure. Any of you with young boys may know how easily one can get away from you. Well, my D has manages to get "lost" almost every time we've gone anywhere!
I've stopped freaking out over it, because he always comes back. He's just gotten some idea in his head and he goes with it! He's much easier to find when I can say "He looks like this (B) only bigger!" And like I said, he always comes back!
So this is just the beginning of our fall adventures. I'm sure there'll be many more to come in the following weeks - so stay tuned...












4 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

Oh, I'm a total fall junkie. I can't get enough...so my poor children get dragged out to every Halloween decorated, caramel apple selling, crunchy leaf festival in town. Wish we lived closer...

Lucky Mommy said...

I haven't found a fun pumpkin place around here yet. I took the boys to one on the side of the road and they splashed in the fountain the whole time and ignored the pumpkins. I love your idea about dressing them alike on outings. I use bright colors so I can at least see them from a distance, but I like your idea. Enjoy the fall!

katyvee said...

Would've loved to have hit a pumpkin patch today.. but oh yeah--it was sleeting!!
But I must boast that we did grow our OWN pumpkin patch this year.. and got like, 12 darling pumpkins outta 2 plants! We're very proud. (And saved at least 30 bucks in pumpkin funds!)

Suzie Petunia said...

I love Fall, too! I almost forgot about the pumpkin muffins and cookies... I'll put that on my to-do list for tomorrow. You are so right: some food just tastes better in the Fall. Did I mention caramel apples? Those are my one, true Autumn-flavored love!