Sunday, October 19, 2008

Random Thoughts...




Can't think of much that could make me happier than watching these two having fun together! It used to be a pretty rare event, but these days they play school, climb trees, ride bikes and even watch TV without screaming at each other. It's pretty amazing and it just makes my heart melt! Here they are pulling the pumpkins together! No squabbling over who gets to pull the wagon - they decided that they could do it together!Didn't even need mom to tell them that!
It's little moments like this that make it all worthwhile!







The other day when I told D that I loved him and he said he loved me too, I decided for fun to ask him "How much?" He sat and thought about it for a while and said, "25 miles!" By the way, he's now an awesome goalie!



Now this little guy - he can now go down the entire flight of stairs to the big basement play room all by himself. He discovered the light switch at the top of the stairs. I discovered he is tall enough to reach the top of the kitchen table as he knocked over a glass of milk. Forgot about it until he grabbed a piece of "jelly bread" and got grape jelly all over his church clothes! Think I'll remember now!

Here's K with Pokey (the baby cheetah - there's also Mommy Cheetah and Daddy Cheetah, and way too many other animal families that live in her closet). She has made a sling for the baby and even took her for a ride on her bike like this! K and I go for walks almost every night. Sometimes she rides her bike, sometimes we just walk. Other times we make it a little more interesting by skipping, gallopping, silly running and even dancing down the sidewalk. All I have to say is - Thank goodness it's dark out! But she has fun and it's a great time for the two of to have a little peaceful "girl time" together. It can get a little loud in our house and I think we both like the break from the chaos!

Ok, so why is it that a 4 year old boy can wear a blue and white striped shirt and spill blue yogurt on only the white stripe?

Why is it that the day your 1 year old spills red power*ade all over his white pj's and his brothers quilt and the basement carpet, you're completely out of spray *n wash?

(ok, maybe I should be asking myself why on earth I would put white on my boys - I should know better than that!)

Why do boys think they don't need shoes? Even in the cold and even in the rain?

Why do big brothers think it's funny to let go of their brother's stroller and see if it'll run into the busy street?

Why do boys like to swing and pull on tree limbs until they break?

Why do kids draw on the walls with permanent ink when there's a closet full of perfectly good coloring books?

Why must little boys break everything they touch?
Why do 4 year old boys smear poop all over their bare torsos?

And seriously, why can't anyone else put things away!!!

Why does all of this and oh, so much more have to happen in one day?

And what could make your heart melt any more than a big smooch and squeezy hug from this same little monkey at 5 AM after hours of begging him to go back to sleep. Oh, I know - when he says, "psst...psst..."
To which he hears an exhausted "WHAT!?" and he whispers,
"I love you, Mom."

5 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

Oh...you are a wonderful mom! I love the things you do with your kids and the way you see them and the time you take to really be with them. You are inspiring...someday I want to grow up to be just like you! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful moments and for reminding me to slow down and notice everything about these wonderful little people that won't be little for long!!

Julie said...

You have discovered what it took me having my 3rd to really put into practice. Taking things slow, enjoying the moment with them and savoring their love and enthusiasm for life. Your kids are lucky!!

mo said...

There are no answers to some questions in life. I think it all has something to do with Murphy's Laws. It's just great you can look past all the spills and mess and still love them!

Emma Jo said...

Oh you are so right! Those little moments do truly make it all worth while and there is nothing in the world like your kids getting along. I love that you can see and appreciate all those adorable things that they do!! So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Leesah Oscarson, you sure have changed from college! It's so sweet to see you with those beautiful kids! You're obviously a great mom! I'm so proud of you! xoxo

p.s. i still love the crazy college leesah too!